ICML, UAI and COLT 2009 Volunteer Program
Funds are available to provide financial support to a limited number of student volunteers who would like to attend ICML, UAI or COLT 2009. Students accepted as volunteers will have their registration fees waived for the conference. In exchange, students will be required to assist with the organization of the conference.
The volunteer commitment will be 8-12 hours and may involve assembling registration packets, checking in attendees, assisting with workshops and technical sessions, or helping prepare the proceedings for publication. Volunteers will be provided with details of their assigned duties once the conference schedule is determined.
Volunteer positions will be assigned on a competitive basis. All undergraduate, graduate, and post-doctoral students with research expertise in the area of machine learning are eligible. However priority will be given to students that are local to the Montreal area, and authors of papers accepted to conferences or workshops. The exact amount of accepted volunteers will depend on the number of applicants and available funds.
Volunteers will not be provided with financial support for travelling or accommodations. However those who wish can apply (separately) for a travel scholarship.
Applicants for volunteer positions should delay registration until they are notified regarding the status of their application.
- Accepted applicants will be registered to the conference automatically using the information they provide in the volunteer application form.
- Rejected applicants who wish to attend ICML can register using the standard online registration procedure after receiving the rejection notification.
- Student volunteers for one conference (e.g. ICML) willing to also attend one of the other conferences (e.g. COLT or UAI) should register to those conferences using the standard registration procedure.
- Deadline for Applications: Friday, May 1
- Notification to Students: Monday, May 15 (orginally May 11)
Students wishing to apply for a volunteer position must fill in the
This program has been made possible by the very generous support of MITACS, GERAD, and CRM.